February is recognized as National Heart Month. Why is heart health important? Many reasons. The most important reason being that our heart is what keeps us alive. Therefore, it is important we maintain our heart health and wellness by eating a well-balanced diet, sleeping well, and staying active.
Wellness, however, goes beyond eating vegetables and exercising. Wellness is not just about how we care for ourselves, but also how we care for others. This past year has been frustrating and exhausting on numerous levels. I don’t need to tell you that. We have all been living it. We all know this feeling. We may be feeling emotions we have not felt before and, because of that, we may not know how to cope with these emotions causing us to be angry and irritable. It is easy to allow these events, thoughts, and energy from those around us to affect our energy. Let’s choose to transform our negativity into kindness.
Just as we eat a well-balanced diet, sleep well, and stay active for our heart health, let’s focus on being good to our heart by choosing kindness. Kindness for ourselves, and kindness for others.
Here are some FREE ways you can spread kindness:
- Write a note of appreciation to a friend, family member, or co-worker
- Reach out to someone you have not spoken to in a while – a simple “I hope all is well!” can go a long way
- Let someone in front of you in the checkout line
- Pay for the person behind you at the coffee shop
- Donate food to a local food pantry
- Donate unused clothing to a local facility
Just remember – kindness begins with ONE person. Be that person. For yourself and for others.
Stay safe, healthy, and be well.
A great website with some great ideas and resources.